Thursday, October 25, 2012

Morning Run

A great joy of my life is a morning run. Getting out the door is often difficult but the rewards never disappoint. I love to feel my heart pumping, my lungs expanding, my body working and give thanks to be alive.

I love to see the sun rise and feel fresh air on my skin. I love to watch clouds moving through the sky, changing seasons and weather, relish rain on my face, wind pushing me along, leaves falling, feet crunching through piles, snowstorms and fresh tracks-the pure white sparkling like diamonds-All the beauties of the earth just outside the door!

Running bestows clarity, comfort and peace of mind. I become stronger, happier and more productive. The struggle builds self-reliance and confidence and reminds me of my mortality.

Many times I pray as I go and have received precious whispered answers and guidance. I love to sit on the bench after running past the zoo and look out across the Salt Lake Valley. This is the Place Monument is across the way and I always feel grateful for my life here. I say a little prayer, ponder a minute and run downhill toward home.

I treasure many happy memories running my favorite routes from home and wonderful places throughout the world. I've run with friends and family but these days my runs are usually solo.

Even though my pace has slowed, I'm grateful I'm still able after all these years!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Central Park

No comments:

Post a Comment