Sunday, March 29, 2015

High Holy Days

     Agony in the Garden - Franz Swartz

My Easter preparations have become more sacred and deliberate this year. I have memorized the Living Christ and read The Gospels. I have studied "The Infinite Atonement" (Tad Callister) and attended the Bonneville Stake Class with Missy. 

I became acquainted with "Celebrating a Christ Centered Easter" (Emily Belle Freeman), after reading a review in the Deseret News. This book is a little treasure. I bought a copy for my family members and Annie and I made a banner for them - "Abide With Me". I planted Easter Grass which has been our tradition for decades, reminding us that Hope springs forth from darkness. Today I dyed red eggs using onion skins and will ask my parents to share their testimonies of Jesus Christ during Sunday Dinner. Serendipitously, Sister Kristen Oaks shared the story of the red eggs at the "Infinite Atonement" class the same day I had given the "Christ-Centered Easter" to Missy. The red eggs symbolize the "grandmothers"bearing witness. I want to bear my witness, as a mother and grandmother, daughter, sister, wife and friend that He lives, He loves us and His way is the path that leads to happiness. 
Christ's Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem 
                 Minerva Teichert 
Easter is the holiest of days- because he lives!  This week and always He will be our focus as we celebrate, rejoice and remember that He is the Redeemer of the World!

No comments:

Post a Comment