Thursday, January 26, 2012

Who Has Seen The Wind?

Who has seen the wind?
Neither I nor you.
But when the leaves hang trembling,
the wind is passing through.

Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I.
But when the leaves
bow down their heads
the wind is passing by.
        -Christina Rossetti


I read this poem again while helping George with homework. I've always liked it and am reminded of a favorite scripture:


And he said, Go forth, and stand
upon the mount before the Lord.
And, behold the Lord passed by,
and a great and strong wind
rent the mountains...
But the Lord was not in the wind;
and after the wind an earthquake;
but the Lord was not in the earthquake;
and after the earthquake a fire:
but the Lord was not in the fire;
And after the fire a still small voice.
   I Kings  9:11

I am grateful to feel the wind and hope I can always hear the still small voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment