Saturday, October 11, 2014

Shannon Street Memories

Happy Day 58

My grandparents lived at 1340 Shannon Street - a happy, magical place. I loved visiting and have happy memories of crumpets, sour dough waffles, Beep, Winder Dairy milk, and my grandparents who really loved me.  I loved all the big old trees, piles and piles of fallen leaves and horse chestnuts. Their color is perfect and I love to stop and gather them. Funny how such little things bring back a flood of memories. 

We were lucky to purchase their home and enjoyed thirteen wonderful years of happiness. Camelot. Holly was nine months when we moved from our State Street apartment "on up to the east side". Over the years I brought home five more babies, my angels from Heaven - Camille, Melissa, Jessica Marguerite, Anne Elizabeth and David Eugene. Shannon Street- Irish and lucky. 
We were so blessed and happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment