Wednesday, February 24, 2016

LOVE

 
Recently I was asked to choose my top five values and given a list of hundreds to consider. I spent hours and days trying to prioritize so many that were good but naming the best was a very difficult task. Finally, after many revisions, clarity came and I discovered that LOVE is my number one. Ironically, I've always known this truth, but I had to rediscover and refine my core values. I love my Savior and Heavenly Father. I love my family and am working to become a more lovable person. 

Whenever I face a dilemma, question or choice, knowing that love is my priority makes my path easier. This little exercise has been life-changing. I am striving to develop a soft heart, a happy heart, a kind and gentle heart, a forgiving heart, a peaceful heart, a grateful heart --  a new heart. 
Celebrating Love with a few of my Loves

Menu:
Spinach and Berries Salad with Dill

Red Wine Vinaigrette: 
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
2 garlic cloves - crushed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp onion powder
Blend and Chill

Salad:
1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
2 lbs mixed greens with spinach
1 bunch green onions chopped
1/2 pint fresh strawberries - sliced
1/2 pint fresh raspberries
1/2 pint fresh blueberries
1/4 cup fresh dill
Just before serving, toss salad together. Add chilled dressing or serve on the side
Adapted from Colorado Colore

Ham, Cheese and Mushroom Crepes
6 Crepes 
Filling:
1 tablespoon butter
6 ounces sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons cream
1 1/4 cup grated Gruyere Cheese
4 ounces thinly sliced Deli Ham, chopped
Preheat Oven 350 degrees 
Heat butter in sauté pan and add mushrooms. Season well with salt. Cook, stirring until mushrooms are soft and a little browned. Add cream, cheese and ham. 
Lay crepe on work surface. Top with 1/6 of filling. Fold in quarters. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining crepes. Bake 5 minutes and serve hot. 
-A Little Taste of France

Dessert: Homemade chocolate pudding and heart sugar cookies  

I am so very blessed to be loved and to love!

Love from Deep in the Heart of Texas

Love Letters
 
 A Handmade Heart 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment