Friday, October 28, 2011

If I Can Make it There-I'll Make it Anywhere!

Happy Birthday!
Kindergarten in the Big City
Economy Candy 
Out on the Town
Francesca's Birthday - Central Park
Birthday Lunch
Cousins in Central Park

Start Spreading the news
I am leaving today
I want to be a part of it
New York, New York

These vagabond shoes
They are longing to stray
Right through the very heart of it
New York New York

I want to wake up in that  city
That doesn't sleep
And find I'm king of the hill
Top of the heap

My little town blues
They are melting away
I'm gonna make a brand new start of it
In old New York

If I can make it there
I'll make it anywhere 

   It's up to you
New York, New York
                                            Songwriters: John Kander and Fred Ebb 

I made my traditional "Birthday Visit" last week and enjoyed being with my sweet little Mathisons.  The are all thriving in the big city and I'm so proud of them for embracing this great opportunity and adventure.  They have made New York their own with faith, confidence and chutzpah.

 My cousin, Jill,  took the train from New Jersey to meet us for lunch at Sarabeth's.  She has been so sweet to the Mathisons, inviting them to Sunday dinner and sending them home with homemade jam and fresh apple cider.  It's so nice to have family in the area.  

No comments:

Post a Comment