Monday, September 26, 2011

Changed for the Better

Wicked has been out "forever". However,  I just recently saw it for the first time, with my daughters, in New York City.  I read the book years ago and liked it but I LOVED the Broadway Musical. In particular the song, "For Good" struck a note with me:

I'm limited.
Just look at me - I'm limited,
And just look at you -
You can do all I couldn't do,
So now it's up to you
For both of us
Now it's up to you.

 I've heard it said,
That people come into our lives for a reason,
Bringing something we must learn,
And we are led to those who help us most to grow,
If we let them,
And we help them in return.
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today 
Because I knew you.

Like a comet pulled from orbit, as it passes a sun.
Like a stream that meets a boulder, halfway through the wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
Because I knew you,
I've been changed for good. 

So much of me 
is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me 
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...

Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better
Because I knew you
I've been changed for good.
                                                         For Good - Wicked

 My Best Friends - Thanks for Changing Me

My children have enriched and blessed my life and I am so grateful for the opportunity to be their mother. I didn't realize I would love them so very much; they are in my every thought and prayer. Because of their goodness, I try harder to become a better person.
 Children have helped me see the world differently - they teach patience, virtue, love, faith, sacrifice, gratitude - every good thing. 
 Certainly, they are my most prized possessions - my jewels and my crown. 
 Each day, I continue to learn from them and as they go out into the world, I hope they will always remember they have a mother who is so proud and loves them so very much. 
"I have been changed for the better, I've been changed for good." 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! Best group of friends anyone could ever ask for. Love you mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun being together. So much Of us is made of what we learned from our mom! Love you!

    ReplyDelete