Monday, December 5, 2011

Merry Christmas Charlie Brown


Charlie Brown: [Charlie Brown and Linus stop at a wall on their trip to the pond for ice skating] I think there must be something wrong with me, Linus. Christmas is coming, but I'm not happy. I don't feel the way I'm supposed to feel.
[begins to walk with Linus again]
Charlie Brown: I just don't understand Christmas, I guess. I like getting presents and sending Christmas cards and decorating trees and all that, but I'm still not happy. I always end up feeling depressed.
Linus Van Pelt: Charlie Brown, you're the only person I know who can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem. Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest. 

Tonight we enjoyed a delicious dinner at The Lindsleys.  We watched the classic,
"A Charlie Brown Christmas"- so poignant and humorous. 
I love Charlie Brown: "Is there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about?"
 Linus helps him overcome his despair by quoting the Christmas Story found in Luke.   

Amid the bustle and busyness, I sometimes feel like Charlie Brown.  It is good to remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas. 


Anne tried a new cookie recipe - we all agreed - it's a winner!

CHAPMAN'S CHRISTMAS MARIZIPAN
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup less 2 teaspoons sugar
2 eggs
dash salt
2 tablespoons almond extract
1 cup less 2 tablespoons flour
slivered almonds to top
Cream butter, sugar, eggs, salt and almond extract.  Add flour and stir until combined.  Spread into greased 8" square glass baking dish and sprinkle slivered almonds on top.  
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Cut in squares.
         --Favorites




No comments:

Post a Comment