Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Place at Our Table


As I prepared Sunday dinner, I thought of loved ones unable to join us -
Empty places at our table.

A decade ago, my friend, Marcia, gave me a hand calligraphed message which has become a treasured Christmas inspiration.  It reminds me of who should be the most honored guest.  I pray to have His spirit with me and truly make room for Him in my heart and home.




Christmas Salad

1 head red leaf lettuce
1 head green leaf lettuce
2 large grapefruits
1 large pomegranate
1 large avocado
1 large pear

Dressing:
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon poppy seeds

Mix dressing in a blender; refrigerate until ready to use. Tear lettuce into small pieces, set aside.  Peel grapefruits and cut into sections, set aside.  Seed pomgranate, set aside. Slice avocado and pear.  Toss all together with dressing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment